Jamie assists the Firm in its representation of sovereign and individual clients in natural resource damages (“NRD”), personal injury, and criminal defense. A former U.S. Supreme Court clerk, Jamie specializes in appellate strategy, brief writing, and advocacy.
Prior to joining the Firm, Jamie worked as an associate at O’Melveny & Myers, LLP in Washington, DC and Los Angeles, CA. A member of O’Melveny’s Supreme Court and appellate practice group, he briefed appellate and trial-level cases involving complex commercial disputes, federal administrative law, ERISA, class actions, and intellectual property disputes. Jamie also was a member of the Firm’s data privacy and crisis management practices, and advised public and private sector clients on cybersecurity, immigration, and law enforcement matters.
Before joining O’Melveny, Jamie served as a law clerk to Associate Justice Anthony Kennedy of the U.S. Supreme Court, and the Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Jamie graduated from Columbia Law School, where he was a Ruth Bader Ginsburg scholar (top 1% of class) and an Articles Editor on the Columbia Law Review. Before law school, he worked as a consultant at a government relations Firm in Washington, DC advising clients on transportation, health care, and environmental issues.
- Environmental Litigation
- Natural Resource Damages
- Toxic Torts
- Products Liability
- Consumer Fraud and Unfair Business Practices
- J.D., Columbia University
- B.A., cum laude, Harvard College
- Washington, DC
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California